Look around. What doesn’t work for you anymore?
What are you tired of seeing? Are you ready to freshen up your home?
Are you overwhelmed with too many choices?
Do you need help renovating your project?
I’ll explore your style, color preferences, lifestyle, how you plan to use the space, and how to achieve that within your budget. Every project begins with an in-home consultation. Click on the options below for more details on how to get started!
Expand each to see detailed information on my various services
Pick My Brain Consultation + Color
Have you been thinking about freshening up a room or your entire home? Maybe you’ve saved some pictures, created some Pinterest boards, but don't know where to start of what it will cost. Not sure how it will all come together and flow?
I can help! During the "pick my brain" consultation, you will get all my knowledge (and even mistakes) I have learned over the last 24 years. When you schedule this consultation with me, we’ll walk through your home together and I will make recommendations for improving each room. Think of it as a decorating crash course. You can take notes or even record our conversation.
I’ll also get to know your needs and style through a series of questions that will help me understand your vision for each room and how you plan to use the space. Before our visit, I'll have you fill out a short survey,
You’ll save money, time and frustration because you’ll make the right decisions the first time. I’ll recommend pieces, accessories and even paint colors based on your personal style and design goals.
At our session, you’ll get:
- Ideas for working within your budget
- Recommendations can include furniture, lighting, flooring, window treatments, paint colors, artwork or anything else you need to start making your renovations.
- Actual paint color recommendations along with a Pinterest (board) demonstrating ideas we discussed
- A plan of action if you need to work in phases to update the space
**Please note: This consultation is up to 2 hours and anything after the 2 hours will be $150/hr. The consultation does not include any physical design work such as re-arranging furniture or styling. After the consultation we can discuss any future design services needed to meet your budget.
What my customers are saying:
"We thought it would be nice to have the help, but had NO idea how much time, effort, expense and stress she would save us! With her experience and great eye, we were able to pick out a gorgeous paint pallet for the whole house, granite tops, ideas on lighting, hardware and other touches that we didn't think of." -Jim & Nancy
Remodeling Your Space
Want to renovate your space but not sure where to start?
With 20+ years of building experience I can renovate your project (large or small) with my team of skilled tradesmen, fabricators and installers!
I bid your project by giving you an actual cost of materials and labor which includes my design time.
Prior to our first appointment, I will need to learn a little more about you and your project. Please click here for a short survey.
Step 1 - Consultation/Bid Process - $500
- Meeting with you to learn about you and your project
- Discussing your goals for your project
- Working with you on your realistic budget
- Coming up with a working plan for your project (construction drawings not included*)
- Meeting with various trades on site or communicating with them to get a bid
- Giving you a detailed bid and breakdown of the cost of your project
Once I have given you the project amount, we can discuss how you can move forward with the project, or if we need to tweak the numbers to fit your budget.
*depending on project and scope of work price varies. I can give you a ball park number during our initial meeting
Step 2 - You Choose to Hire Me
- A proposal of the job and a contract with detailed information of costs and expectations
- Shopping trips to choose permanent finishes (i.e flooring, lighting, tops, cabinets and plumbing)
- Management of all the design features to keep your project on time
- Handling daily issues and questions during the construction process
- Ensuring all materials and subcontractors arrive on time, or you are notified if their will be a delay
- Relieve the stress of the unknowns while your house is torn up!
- $250 from your initial consultation fee will be credited towards your project
Color Consultation - Color ONLY
Ahhh…that perfect elusive paint color palette! Do you have paint paralysis? Maybe you have no idea what will work, or you know what colors you like, you have dozens of paint chips, watched HGTV, and browsed HOUZZ and Pinterest for hours, but you still can’t commit. It’s a little overwhelming.
As a certified True Color Expert, I will bring a full set of paint boards to your home and together we’ll look at room flow, tones of existing fixed elements such as flooring, furniture, cabinetry, and select the perfect paint to complement these elements and tie it all together.
At the end of our consultation you’ll have a clear direction along with specific wall color recommendations for your project.
New Construction Home
Up to 5 hours: $700
Up to 10 hours: $1,300
Up to 15 hours: $2,100
I know questions will come up at odd hours: email or text billed at 15 min increments
Package includes: (depending on what phase your home is in)
- Assisting on plan decisions
- Cabinet layout
- Flooring decisions
- Plumbing fixtures
- Bathroom finishes
- Kitchen Finishes (layout, top, sink, backsplash)
- Lighting-rough opening layouts
- Lighting selection
- Hardware and door selections
- Fireplace surround design
- Paint colors
What my customers are saying:
"Paula figured out very early on that I needed my selections narrowed down to help make my decisions on my new home. She helped keep the project manageable because I work and have three kids with crazy schedules. She thought about my family’s needs now, and as they grow because we plan on being in this house a long time! Her contacts made it easier and she took the time to explain things and went above and beyond working with us on getting the plan just right. We had no clue as to what we needed when we started, from a design perspective and she guided us the whole way. She helped me choose everything from fixtures to paint colors!" -Traci
A la Carte Services, Looking for something specific
$150 per hour (min. 2 hours) Note: This option is only used to add on after original consultation
Sometimes you just need a professional opinion, or a little help making a decision. Whether you’re installing a backsplash or choosing flooring, I can help you make the right decision based on your budget, style preference and goals for the space.
- Interior finishes (flooring, carpet, tile, wood, stone)
- Exterior finishes (brick, siding, roofing, entrances, doors)
- Furniture arrangement (existing or new furniture)
- Paint color selection (interior and exterior)
- Accessorizing (shopping, selecting and placing, existing or new)
- Choosing, framing and hanging artwork (yours or new)
- Wallpaper selection (Online or in-store shopping)
- Window treatments (fabric, weight, color, style and type)
- Furniture and fabric (shopping and selecting style, color, fabric, type)
- Kitchen counters and cabinets (designing and shopping)
- Kitchen tile and backsplash (selecting materials, color, design)
- Plumbing fixtures (bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms)
- Electric and lighting placements (recessed, hanging and table lights)
Staging to Sell
Whether you’re a homeowner getting ready to sell or a real estate agent working with a client, you want to present a home in its best possible light. A well-staged home sells 3 times faster and for 6-17% more. Further, realtors are more likely to show a house that looks move-in ready.
2 hour in home consultation - touring the home from curb to the backyard, educating homeowner about maintaining the home while it's on the market. Including:
Choosing color palette
Up to 3 hours shopping for additional accessories and accents. Shopping items not included
Up to 4 hours of de-cluttering, organizing and styling